We are a diverse group of Surf Coast residents based in Victoria Australia, united by a concern for climate change and sustainability and doing something about it at a local level. In 2008 we formed the Surf Coast Energy Group (SCEG), a not-for-profit community organisation which now has over 800 members.
Action for a Safe Global Climate.
Encouraging positive behaviour change and promoting understanding of climate change and resource use.
Our desired outcomes
- Residents are adopting sustainable behaviours and improving performance of their built environment
- Long-term protection and enhancement of remaining remnant and native vegetation and fauna
- Householders and businesses grow their own food and access local food
- People live, work and play locally
- ‘Limits to growth’ a part of our way of doing things
- Mindfulness of our action on other lifeforms